Saturday, January 3, 2009

Recession, yay!

So you know how you get those Facebook invites to random club parties with ridiculous themes like "SEDUCTION" or "ARMAGEDDON"? And they always have the corny two lines that are a variation of "18 to party 21 to drink." I mean they get as creative as possible. Some of the ones I've gotten:
  • Sin City..."18 to give in, 21 to sin."
  • The Invasion..."18 to pillage, 21 to plunder."
  • Get Iced Out..."18 to frost, 21 to freeze."
Well, you get the point. Now I don't mind receiving them and checking "Not Attending" but one I got yesterday couldn't go unmentioned lol:

Bailout '09
You've been KONVICTED in the nightlife recession for way too long ... but no worries, we're here to BAIL YOU OUT!!! 18 to walk , 21 to stumble.

Okay, the 18 to walk, 21 to stumble wasn't that innovative, but I have to give them credit for bringing the recession into this haha.

Speaking of which, the following is from a Stuyvie's January facebook album, so hit up Vanessa's Dumplings in the city while you can.

2 comments:

  1. The New Years party I went to was 18 to cum, 21 to swallow.

    Ever so clever, these folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eww... the comment above is gross... but yeah those party line are quite strange and clever at times...

    ReplyDelete