Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

So at 730AM I wake up to the news that my windshield has been broken in by some hoodlums that stole my GPS. They used a rock wrapped in newspaper to do the deed. Luckily my insurance was pretty quick with paying for everything and I got it all cleared out. While at the shop, I met this other guy whose window had been broken. "What did they steal?" I asked. "Nothing. They took nothing...I had my $200 sunglasses on the dash but I guess they didn't like the brand."

I can laugh at it now that the ordeal is over but I thought I'd mention the other incidents/vandals my family has dealt with lol.
  • This summer in the Bronx, my new car is keyed :(
  • In the Bronx...a year ago, my dad's Pathfinder window broken into with same newspaper-rock method, bunch of quarters were stolen. I guess the guy went down the line cause the other cars in the row were broken into as well.
  • Around the same time, a falling rock in a falling rock zone in Queens breaks the same suv's windshield while my uncle is driving. I just think this story is particularly hilarious, especially if you know my uncle.
  • Sometime in 2005...dad's Ford Windstar mysteriously disappears. Prime suspect: sister's ex husband. No one cares because no one liked that car anway.
  • In Queens...around 2000...dad purchases new microwave. Leaves it in the backseat of his Accord when he runs up to get something. He comes down a few minutes later and the window is broken in; microwave is gone.
  • Also of interest- Queens, 1997...our home completely robbed by an electronics burglar.
  • Connecticut, 1997...after the Super Bowl. We leave to go on a family shopping trip, can't find my dad's old Buick...cops locate it later that day, completely totaled by a drunk guy leaving a Super Bowl party.
  • Astoria, 1995...dad's first car, an old Toyota, is broken into, nothing stolen though. Well no windows broken that time, the thing was so old you didn't have to try.
and from Shahed-
  • Shahed's car broken into, no one takes the Ipod in the front. They do however take his backpack full of textbooks in the backseat.
  • Shahed's boy...stereo navi-unit all gone. Damn.
NYC is not safe for cars...or we just have really bad luck lol.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just Bengali people? My dad's car got broken into just a few days ago. Took his bag which had a few hundred dollar in it.

    And it's happened numerous times over the years. Weird.

    ReplyDelete