Sunday, December 28, 2008

A little tribute to the Bronx

Pelham Bay Park

In my humble opinion, this borough ranks third after Manhattan and Queens (sorry Staten Island); if I had a choice I would really prefer to move back to Queens. However, I also believe that it houses a lot of pretty sights that people are too scared to visit, but really should, so I thought I'd dig up some pics on Google Images for non Bronx-ites. By the way, I'm also writing something about the Bronx, I do hope I finish it at some point. You'll find mostly "pretty" things in this entry, but I wish there were more pictures of the Bronx in the 80's, you know, pre-/post burning. It's really haunting, seeing the graffiti on the buildings from the six train but at the same time it makes me wish I had an slr and some photography skills. I found this decent map (click above), it shows where several of these places are along with some other things.

Edgar Allen Poe's Bronx Cottage

Whitestone (although this is from Francis Lewis Park)

Loews Paradise Theater (a landmark)

Orchard Beach

The Zoo!

The dome at the Gardens

New York Museum at the Gardens
Bronx Botanical Gardens

Fordham University

2 comments:

  1. I'd rather live in the Bronx than Staten Island. No one likes Staten Island, they barely count.

    I've lived here most of my life and I've never been to the Bronx Zoo. I'm pretty ashamed, to say the least :<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wonder why they stuck the zoo in the middle of the South Bronx, seems so out of place...you should go! When they have one of their exhibits (usually in the summer); watch out for the mosquitoes and spiders though. It really is like a jungle.

    And yeah Staten Island was the only "red" borough this past election, just one more reason not to live there lol.

    ReplyDelete