Monday, October 8, 2012

Dark deco revisited

Decided to work out of IBM's 11 Madison Ave since I usually go to the IBM Building and I was pleasantly surprised.  I knew it was between 24th and 25th, but I didn't make the connection that one of my favorite buildings in NY is in the very same area.  I was just thinking I could probably get Shake Shack from Madison Square Park at lunchtime if I worked out of there.
So it turns out 11 Madison is Metlife North, the building I was thinking of.  It's haunting enough, but I tried to make it more so with Instagram:
My favorite part of the building is the skyway.  Why do I like skyways and art deco?  Because of Batman.
The view from work wasn't bad, either with One WTC in the distance:
It was really creepy to be the only one in the whole office since it was Saturday.  I guess the area is mostly used by consultants and from the looks of it I'd love to join.  They draw and make bulletin boards! I did get my Shake Shack, but not before I waited over one hour in line.  After I was 30 minutes in I was at the point of return and had no choice but to wait the additional half hour.  Next time, I'll stick to the uptown locations.
Le sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment