This year, my friends hosted Thanksgiving in Jamaica, Queens. I was in charge of cupcakes & cranberry sauce and I brought my little sisters along. They loved it! It was their first real Thanksgiving; my parents have never celebrated it at home.

For the sauce, I used an apple-cinnamon cranberry recipe. The cupcakes were carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. My dad said they are the best he's tried and even helped me pipe the frosting. I'll definitely be making them again :)
Enjoy Black Friday!


hi, please let me know when you will be making these delicious-looking cupcakes again so i can invite myself. thanks :))
ReplyDelete-j. cadet
Can you please give the recipe for your carrot cake cupcakes? They look ahhmazing
ReplyDeletehey, of course. i received martha stewart's cupcake recipebook as a birthday present this year :-) and i recommend it if you like baking.
ReplyDeletemost of the cupcakes are posted on her site, including the carrot cake:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/carrot-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese-icing
this recipe tastes and smells just like pumpkin pie for some reason so it worked out great on thanksgiving.
i left out the baking soda, vanilla, nuts and garnish. also, i used store bought frosting to save time because it's soft, "shiny" and mixes with the coloring more easily, but i recommend making the buttercream frosting if you have time.
i frosted using a regular piping bag with a star tip and swirling around.