Sunday, October 24, 2010

Queens License Plates Vol. 10; Fall in NYC

It's been a month since I updated!
I'll start this off with some pictures from last night. On our way back from Paranormal Activity 2 (which was awesome in my opinion), my friend and I stopped for some desi groceries in Jackson Heights. Enjoy.
Some Paki guy in Jackson Heights
This car was for sale so obviously hustlin wasn't working out

Rajbhog Sweets
Alauddin Sweets
Stuff I should not have been eating.

In other happenings:

I was in a car accident (while changing lanes) but thankfully all of that is dealt with and my car is like new again. No one was hurt which is the important part.

My cat sleeps in my wardrobe.

And I've become a bit of a social recluse as of late because I'm concentrating more on my family and developing myself career-wise.

I've also become a lot more motivated physically because of my family. My mom lost her dad to cancer when she was one, and her mom and sister have diabetes. On my dad's side my grandpa passed away last year and my grandma has heart disease. My parents as well as most of my desi friends' parents are struggling with heart problems left and right so it's a bit of a wake up call. Working from home I'm pretty much at my desk all day. After work I'm not motivated to do much else...and I haven't developed the best eating habits over the past year.

I decided to see a trainer this month and I've already noticed some differences. Mainly in my attitude- before I would tell myself that I just can't do a push-up or a squat and now I'm finding that I can. I've been going to the gym a couple times a week for the past few years without even pushing myself or changing up my routine, so I'm poorly conditioned and it's going to take a lot of work. He has me going five times a week now.

Eating healthier has been the hardest part, especially with my mom making white rice with our food all day. After just one week of switching to small portions of whole wheat/brown rice and cutting out starches past 3PM, I've seen a lot of fat go.
Hopefully I can keep this up and set a better example for my younger sisters-- they hate eating anything without sugar and it's not like I've been teaching them any better. Maybe I'll have a really awesome update on my progress a few months from now :)

Oh, and I asked the trainer about cookies and cupcakes. He said they're okay in moderation and I have a two cookie a day limit haha.

1 comment:

  1. Remember its about building a habit. So no matter how many times you may fall off the "healthy" path, get back on. Eventually it becomes habit and it's second nature to you. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete