Thought I'd share a few of my favorite writings and quotes that deal with not only life, but the sentience of our souls if that makes sense.
The world is iconic, or it is ironic.
The devil, not God, heareth the zealot's prayer.
Judge people by the extent to which they are alive.
He is dead, who does not feel the Qur'an move in his hands.
We would change the world, did it not entertain us so.
There is justice, and there is just-us.
-Abdal-Hakim Murad
Let sorrowful longing dwell in your heart,
never give up, never lose hope.
The Beloved says, "The broken ones are favored."
Crush your heart, be broken.
-Shaikh Abu Saeed Abhil Kheir, Sufi Poet (967-1049)
"If a son of Adam had one mountain of gold, he would only want a second one."
"...be like the first and the better of the two sons of Adam who said,
'If you raise your hand to kill me, I will not raise mine to kill you;
surely I fear God, the Lord of the worlds.' "
-The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument, while the song that I came to sing remains unsung."
-Sir Rabindranath Tagore
No comments:
Post a Comment