Wednesday, August 29, 2012

IBM Security Cupcakes and...Batman

UPDATE: Everyone at work liked them!  I tried one again, too and it like magically changed overnight or something and tastes great.  I have no idea what happened =/

Decided to try a new marble cupcake recipe and bake some IBM themed cupcakes for my team this week.  My coworker Paul is flying in from Minnesota with MINNESOTA bread so I challenged him to a bakeoff...not sure if he will actually bring the bread, though.

My manager and teammates know how obsessed I am with Batman so I threw in some Batman cupcakes for good measure.  The lock represents IT Security, which is what my organization specializes in.  I'm happy with how the cupcakes turned out aesthetically, however...
THEY TASTE HORRIBLE!!!

I feel pretty awful right now because I do NOT want to take these in to work.  The frosting recipe was WAY TOO SWEET.  The cake recipe didn't yield enough batter (it's supposed to have 18 but was enough for maybe half that amount).  Not enough cake + too sweet frosting = disaster.  I'll stick to Martha's recipes from now on.  I was really looking forward to sharing my cupcakes with everyone but yeah this is really really upsetting.  Even my brother didn't finish his and he eats EVERYTHING.
At least they look good (but bakeoffs are not won by appearance). Sigh.

Locks cut out from gold foil, Batman (: and marbling with a knife
Foil leaves (for the cupcakes I left at home/tested) & the final cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment