Thursday, July 26, 2012

Georgetown Soho

Bakery: Georgetown Cupcakes
Location: Soho, New York and various
Rating: 10/10
Website: http://www.georgetowncupcakes.com

I first tried Georgetown in...Georgetown, two years ago during my first trip to D.C.  I realized I never wrote a review!  I ran into the bakery again by chance while wandering in Soho on a day off.  I was meeting my mentee for dinner, but I managed to convince her to come out with me after for dessert.



The cupcakes were just as awesome as I remembered.  THE lightest, fluffiest cake ever, and yet it's not spongy.  It's hard to describe, but it definitely warrants a 10.
The Key Lime is my favorite- you can see it below with the cute lime slice candy in the middle.  If you're not into citrus, the classic birthday flavors (vanilla/chocolate combinations) are a safe bet.

I'll definitely return post-Ramadan...I feel guilty eating cupcakes with my little sisters in Bangladesh for the summer!







No comments:

Post a Comment