Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cupcake Review Vol. 16: sugar Sweet sunshine & Zaro's revisited

Bakery: sugar Sweet sunshine
Location: 126 Rivington Street New York, NY
Rating: 8/10

This past weekend I had an amazing double-chocolate cuppie from a bakery I've always been meaning to check out, thanks to Emily Stright of EatingChalk.com. It was unique compared to other double chocolate cupcakes I've tried and after checking the website I know why- the frosting is chocolate almond-buttercream! I LOVE almond flavored things, like almond bubble tea and Italian almond cookies :-) so it was a nice surprise.

Check out Emily's site if you love food blogs, it's super cute!

In other news- when I first started this blog two years ago, I wrote an unfavorable review for cupcakes at Zaro's Bakery. I think they read my blog because they've definitely stepped up their game- this cupcake I had today was delicious (thanks to my older sis):
Chocolate chips baked into the cake and a hint of mocha in the chocolate frosting. Yum! Zaro's, you can have a 6/10 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment