Friday, January 22, 2010

Cupcake Review Vol. 9: Pinisi Bakery

Bakery: Pinisi Bakery
Location: 128 East 4th Street; 18-20 1st Avenue; New York, NY
Rating: 2/10

My friend and I came in here with high expectations because of the cute display of colorful cupcakes at the window. We shared a chocolate frosted vanilla cupcake and a red velvet. The cupcakes were very large, and $3.50 a piece.

The chocolate frosting wasn't soft- and other than some bitterness from the cocoa sprinkled on top, it didn't even taste like chocolate frosting. When I unwrapped the cupcake, I could tell just by looking at it that it was going to be hard also. The red velvet tasted a bit fresher and the frosting was at least creamy.

Maybe it was because we went in so late (9PM), but I've had cupcakes from Sweet at closing (around 11PM) and they still tasted fresh! The red velvet has potential and that's why I gave it a 2...but the chocolate cupcake was not tasty at all. I left this bakery with the cupcake craving I came in with :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment