Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cupcake Review Vol. 8: Martha's Country Bakery

Bakery: Martha's Country Bakery
Location: 70-30 Austin Street, Forest Hills; 36-21 Ditmars Boulevard, Astoria; 41-06 Bell Boulevard, Bayside; NY
Rating: 7/10

Introduced to me by my friend and fellow cupcake connoisseur Angie, Martha's Country Bakery definitely lived up to the hype. I'm happy I can find an amazing gourmet bakery chain without having to go to Manhattan. They have a great selection of cupcakes-- from classics like vanilla, chocolate, Oreo, and red velvet to outrageous ones like raspberry and pineapple. The cupcakes are frosted with buttercream and have a pretty unique taste (I actually can't compare them to another bakery right now), and they have the right amount of sweetness, too.

Martha's also serves cake slices, muffins, and drinks. I tried the iced gingerbread latte. There's table service and the atmosphere is very cozy; Ang says she hangs out in there for hours. If you're in Queens, this is the place to get your cupcake fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment