Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cupcake Review Vol. 6: Sweet Delites Pastry Shop

Bakery: Sweet Delites Pastry Shop
Location: 325 Route 100, Somers, NY
Rating: 5/10
Website: On CitySearch

I decided to try and branch out to Westchester County cupcakes as well. I've had a black and white cookie and a 7-layer chocolate cake from Sweet Delites about a year ago, and both were great. It's right near my work (when I go up to Somers), and I was really craving a cupcake the other day so I decided to see if they had any! I was really excited when I called and they said they would frost the cupcakes with anything I wanted. But by the time I got in, I was kind of in a rush so I just told them to do whatever.

The service was great, but the cupcakes were average. They had these beautiful flower cupcakes but I skipped those and went for plain vanilla and chocolate buttercream on vanilla cake. I'd imagine that the flower cupcakes taste the same. They were very Italian- a really light cake and even lighter frosting. I was sad that I couldn't really taste the chocolate in the chocolate buttercream! It was still okay, but definitely not creamy enough if rich cupcakes are your thing. To sum it up, those cupcakes tasted like a traditional wedding or birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment