Bakery: Buttercup Bake ShopLocations: 973 2nd Avenue (Between 51st and 52nd St) & 141 West 72nd Street (Between Amsterdam & Columbus), New York, NY
Rating: 8/10
Website: http://www.buttercupbakeshop.com
Angie reintroduced me to the bakery I'd visit when I was in high school. Can't believe I forgot the name! The cupcakes were fabulous, and the frosting was the best part. The buttercream really delivers :) Not only does it taste good, it comes in all these cute and outrageous (even neon) colors. I think that's what attracted me to this bakery back in the day- very bright and fun display. The cake tasted a little too thick at times, but no complaints! My little sisters didn't really take to the vanilla cake/frosting though, and said there was too much frosting. I didn't know nine year olds believed in such a thing.
i came across ur blog randomly and am i big cupcake lover, my recommendation to u is cupcakestop - a mobile cupcake cart that parks at various spots in manhattan. u can follow them on twitter (@cupcakestop) for locations, enjoy =)
ReplyDeleteactually, i have been meaning to for a while now (i follow them on twitter!), i just never find myself downtown as they usually park around 23rd street. their flavors sound so creative- hopefully the cupcakestop and i will cross paths soon!
ReplyDelete