Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The beginning of the restofmylife

No, I'm not getting married. First day of my full time job; or technically it's the first day of training. So my official first day is Thursday. Extremely excited, but still scared because of the responsibilities that'll face me in the months to come. I mean I've already been paying for my own things like my car and insurance but now I've finally switched over to paying for my own cell. For some reason, not being on the Family Plan anymore seems like a much bigger deal.

But the real thought that hangs over me is that after all those years of schooling, in Astoria, and Connecticut, and Stuy (which Sanam and I agree, was much harder than college), I've finally reached the end (for now). It's a good feeling, but also quite stressful. No more excuses- everything that I've ever dreamt of doing, I have to start working for, from this day forward.

Wish me luck (:

Love,
me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmin, this is Thanh at Bentley. Just want to drop a quick note to wish you luck in your new job. I heard from Nancy about your job and am very excited for you reaching your next goals after college.

    All the best,

    Thanh.

    P.S. I really like your poems. At times I really wanted to leave a comment but couldn't find the words, so I didn't. But I'd like to let you know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww love... you're a grown up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thanh- thank you so much! And thanks also for the compliment on the poetry. Feel free to write whatever you want as feedback really helps me (:

    & Sanamie... I'm not quite there yet (:

    ReplyDelete