lemonCUPCAKE23: no well i know the 1995 civics are like the most stolen cars ever, the new ones really aren't
SL: i know like 5 people who have gotten their cars stolen already
lemonCUPCAKE23: brand new civics?
lemonCUPCAKE23: are you serious
SL: yeah brand new civics
SL: its the same concept
lemonCUPCAKE23: damnnn
lemonCUPCAKE23: the immobilizer doesnt help?
SL: they have been stealing rsx's for a minute so a new civic is nothing
SL: this dude stole an 06 rsx
SL: so what makes you think a civic cant be taken it's the same car
lemonCUPCAKE23: the key has to have a code that the ignition reads for the car to start
SL: ever heard of a piggy back ecu??
SL: changes up the whole ignition system,
SL: just put in a screwdriver and that bad boy starts right up
What's funny is, the immobilizer can (very rarely) malfunction, causing the car to not recognize even your own key lol.
Thread from a Civic forum, thought it was pretty funny:
"The car won't start, so it does its job. That doesn't mean though that it can't get stolen, or probably worse, parts won't get stolen from it while it's just sitting there."
"My nephew's ITR Immobilizer was by-passed.. the alarm was blaring as he was looking out his bedroom window watching his baby being driven off. So no, the Immobilizer wont stop someone who knows what they're doing."
"No car is protected once the flatbed truck comes along."
"Yeah the flatbed is a nightmare, I had an incident where a flatbed drove up to my dad's Porsche and proceeded to tow but thank God my neighbor was up smoking and he ran outside naked with a metal pipe and scared the guy to death."
"Actually, there is 1 way to avoid the flatbed.... if you're parked along a sidewalk, turn the steering wheel all the way to 1 side."
^Don't know how effective this would be
I consider myself lucky that my civic hasn't been stolen yet, I mean if they're going through the trouble to break in what's stopping them from taking my parts haha.
I wanted to go home so bad this weekend! But I found out that I have a midterm next week (and also a paper due).
Eleven days until Europe! =0)
No comments:
Post a Comment