Monday, December 15, 2008

Life

Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.

By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.

Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time.

-Rabindranath Tagore

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

I was asked to act when I couldn't act. I was asked to sing 'Funny Face' when I couldn't sing, and dance with Fred Astaire when I couldn't dance - and do all kinds of things I wasn't prepared for. Then I tried like mad to cope with it.

-Audrey Hepburn

I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.

-Marilyn Monroe

The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.

-Edgar Allen Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment